Need a plumber? While you are searching, beware of unlicensed South Florida plumbing contractors advertising their ability to perform a wide range of plumbing work without essential licenses or training. Think about it – If an unlicensed plumber injuries themselves on a job at your house, who will pay the hospital bills if there is an accident or injury? So if you are approached by someone who says they are a plumber, watch for the following warning signs:
Look For These Red Flags Which May Indicate the Person / Company is Not Certified:
- You are asked to obtain the permit.
- A large down payment is required before work begins.
- No license number on the vehicle, business card, contract, newspaper/flyer or yellow page ad.
- The plumbing contractor displays only an “Occupational License” which is required in addition to Certificate of Competency.
- Permit is obtained by someone other than the person/company to do the work.
- You are informed that the job does not require a permit or inspection.
- Verbal contract only, person is not willing to put all terms in writing.
- The plumbing contractor is only willing to work on weekends or after hours.
- May request front money (money before work begins).
- The contractor does not have proof of General Liability or Workman’s Compensation Insurance in Florida.
You can be assured that the plumbers here at Plumbing Experts in Delray Beach and serving all of Palm Beach and Broward Counties are fully licensed as we are fully licensed and insured plumbing and leak detection company. Plumbing Experts fully complies with all Florida state, local Palm Beach and Broward County licensing authorities and federal guidelines to ensure the permitting, licensing, waste handling and disposal are all done within the precise regulatory mandates.
So if you need it done right the first time, call a licensed plumber. Call Plumbing Experts at (561) 279-2460 in Palm Beach County or (954) 786-0477 in Broward County.